Reading response to Purple Hibiscus

Purple Hibiscus is causing me some troubles so far. I couldn't understand the scene where Jaja and other people went to the funeral because the wordings sounded too abstract to me. But it was interesting to see the contrast between Kambili before and after going to Nsukka even though some things didn't change like how Papa is dedicated to his religious views because I knew that Kambili was affected by his violence during the first part of the book.

I also felt uncomfortable about how Papa acted in front of the public and in front of his family members. Papa has good reputations from the people in public because of his awards and his donations to charities. But he acted totally different in front of his family members by forcing them to go to church and giving severe punishments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dialogue

Research Post

Vocabulary Free Post