Why do people start to be in a globalized community?

     I've been interacting with many people in the world since when I was in seventh grade. The method is quite simple. I've been to several countries and tried to have a communication with them even if they don't understand what I'm saying. Sometimes when I go to a place like Turkey, almost everyone spoke Turkish but only few people there were able to speak English. When I face a situation like that, I tend to think about how to talk to them without speaking their language. For example, I sometimes use body language. I first felt sort of ashamed or embarrassed that I don't speak their language, but I realized that it happens often in many large cities in the world.

     I started doing this because I was thinking of doing something interesting in the summer that is both fun and helpful. Then I realized that my life was all about international communications. When I was in Los Angeles, I met people from different countries around the world but I thought I wasn't going to be able to communicate with them because I don't speak the same language as them. But I noticed that communicating with people with different background helps not just me, but them too. I will be able to see the different views of people and they understand how to take care of the foreigners. It also helps my future life if I have a chance to be in a same situation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dialogue

Research Post

Vocabulary Free Post