Analyze a Song

Rihanna - Umbrella

I chose the song "Umbrella" by Rihanna because I liked the rhythm of this song. In this song, the rhymes and an anaphora contributes to the strong relationships between one and other.

You're part of my entity, here for infinity

The words "entity" and "infinity" rhymes because they both have the tee sounds. It contributes to the song by its strong emphasis toward the "you" in the lyric. It allows the audience to recognize the emotion for a certain person in the song.

The other important rhyme in this song is in this line,

Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other

The why in this line creates an emphasis toward the nature and the relationships. It shows that the rain made their relationships better and created deep bonds. 

Come into me
It's pouring rain
It's pouring rain

Come into me
Come into me

It's pouring rain
It's pouring rain


The Anaphora in this line creates a warmth between them two. The part "It's pouring rain" contributes to the dark, quiet scene. But "Come into me" makes the audience sound like they're together when it's raining. 


Rihanna- Umbrella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dialogue

Research Post

Vocabulary Free Post